DELAND SUN NEWS
Wednesday, January 2, 1972
MONOXIDE POISONING KILLED PAIR IN CAR
Carbon monoxide poisoning caused the death of two West Volusians whose bodies were discovered Monday in a car on U.S.1 north of Oak Hill, according to the State Attorney’s Office in Daytona Beach.
The cause of death was determined from an autopsy report made at Halifax District Hospital in Daytona Beach, a spokesman said.
The two persons were identified as Herman G. Grimes, 28, of DeLeon Springs, and Mrs. Phyllis Johnson, 31, of Seville.
The station wagon in which the bodies were found had been seen parked along the highway late Sunday by and Oak Hill resident and again Monday morning, according to reports.
Authorities said they were notified about 2:30 P.M. Monday after nearby residents discovered the bodies.
A native of Herrin, Ill., Mrs. Johnson had lived in Seville five years.
Survivors include her husband, Dennis N. Johnson; a son Neil Johnson; three children by a former marriage: Tommy, Paula and Douglas Allsop of Herrin, Ill; her parents, Mr. and Mrs. Clifton Finney, also of Herrin; and three sisters.
Funeral service will be held tomorrow at 2 p.m. in McGlon Holiness Church in Seville, with the Rev. Hershal Wall officiating.